Friday, May 6, 2011

National Day of Prayer- May 5, 2011

Each year, people around our nation gather in prayer for our country, its leaders and its citizens. We had a wonderful time of prayer yesterday as students prayed for our government officials, our families, our schools, the media and other issues pertinent to this time in history. Here is a sample of the prayers that were on the hearts of our children.

"Bow your heads and close your eyes. Dear heavenly Father, I pray for our country that they will make wise decisions, and President Obama especially, and that the Lord will be with him all of his days. In Jesus's name we pray. Amen."

"Dear Lord, Thank you for my country and freedom and peace. Please be with our leaders and president. In Jesus name Amen."

"God we pray for President Obama and that he will make good decisions for our country. I pray for the world that they follow you. Amen."

"Dear Lord, I pray for the safe return of all the soldiers overseas."

"Dear God, Please help President Obama to do what is right and to make good decisions. Please protect the U.S. from harm. Help those who do not have jobs. And help those who are hurt."

"I pray that there will be no more tornadoes in this country."

"I pray for the President. I pray that the President will obey the Bible."

"I pray for our nation to be protected."

"Dear Lord, I pray for our nation and that there will be no more big wars and that everyone will believe in you and that our president will make good decisions. I pray this is Jesus name. Amen. "

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog and found it very informative and helpful to me .Thanks for such an effort

    ReplyDelete