Friday, October 15, 2010

Atlanta History Center- Abraham Lincoln Exhibit

Our first field trip was full of surprises - from the fire drill at the beginning of the day to the incredible information we learned about Abraham Lincoln. It was truly a special experience. There were many things I learned that I had not known. I am glad to know I'm not the only one. Here's what your students had to say:

What did you like about the Abraham Lincoln Exhibit?

"I like how he won the civil war."

"I like that they talked about each thing."

"I like where he talked about the man who had a scroll and the other commander picked it up."

"I liked when they showed us each picture of Abraham Lincoln when he had a beard and when he had no beard."

"I liked when he showed us what Abraham Lincoln wrote. That was really cool."

"I like when they showed us the statue on the video of Abraham Lincoln."

What did you learn about Abraham Lincoln?

"I learned that Abraham Lincoln grew up in Illinois."

"I learned he took advice from a little girl and that even a six year old can change history."

"I learned Abraham Lincoln ran for president twice, I thought he only ran for president once."

"I didn't know that Abraham Lincoln was a lawyer."

It was a memorable time; one I pray we will not soon forget.

Miss Carde

P.S. Thank you to our field trip drivers- Mrs. Hinton, Ms. Funderburk, Dr. Henry, Mrs. Seay and Mrs. Albee for making our trip a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment