Monday, October 18, 2010

Favorite Fall Recipes

Here's something you may not know about me...

I REALLY LIKE TO COOK!

I do. Ask any of my friends and they'll tell you I enjoy cooking more than going to a movie on a Saturday night. Having said that I'd thought it be cool to share some of my favorite Fall recipes. There's a special one right at the end that's near and dear to my heart. Hope you enjoy!

Warm Apple Sauce
This is a special recipe I made in class one year. It took all day, but it was worth it.

1 3-4 quart crockpot 12 Gala apples Cinnamon to taste Nutmeg to taste 4 tablespoons of butter 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sugar Peel and core the apples. Chop into bite sized chunks. Place as many apples in the crockpot as you can, and add just enough water to cover the bottom of the crockpot. Add half of the sugar and allow the mixture to cook down. As the apples begin to soften, add more apples and sugar. Cook for approximately 4-5 hours on low to medium. During the last 20 minutes, add the spices and butter. Enjoy with warm bread.

Cheesy Potatoes This is actually one of my favorite year round recipes, but it's especially good during the cold months. I eat it very sparingly, and once you look at the ingredients, you'll understand why...

16 oz. sour cream (Sour cream and chives)

½ cup milk

1 lb butter (melted)

½ lb Velveeta (cubed)

1 can cream of chicken soup (103/4 oz.)

2 tbs chopped onion- or more if you'd like

2lb bag of hash brown potatoes (thawed) (southwest)

1 package of bacon (cut into pieces and sautéed)

1 box Corn Flakes- to sprinkle on top

1 packaged of turkey bacon- cooked

Mix first six ingredients and then add hash browns. Fold in turkey bacon pieces. Place in 9X13 pan with crushed corn flakes on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Get a fork and enjoy!


Grandma Carde's Butter Cookies

1/2 pound butter
1/2 cup of Sugar

1-1/2 cup of Flour
1-Teaspoon Vanilla

A whole lot of love

Cream butter and sugar. Add other ingredients. Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment